Other networking, information and modularisation …
Virtual test of logistics plants
The development of the IT software can already be tested virtually on the performance of the logistics plant and its processes during the software development by using the SITLog emulation based on “Tecnomatix Plant Simulation” and, in doing so, optimise realistically in interaction before commissioning.
Tasks of SITLog emulation:
- Visualisation of movements of transport units and vehicles (e.g. stacker crane).
- Illustration of material flow and local or mechanical conditions.
- Reconstruction of an interface to MFR and the above systems (WMC, ERP).
Benefits of SITLog emulation:
- IT requirements, from goods receipt to incoming goods, can be developed, tested and presented to the customer independent of the plant progress (Construction, mechanics, SPS). As a result, commissioning times are shortened and warehouse processes are optimised at an early stage.
- Illustration of a test system which runs parallel to a live system on which functional enhancements before production operation can be run through. This ensures a smooth integration of enhancements in the live system.
- Reproducible test scenarios (Integration and mass tests etc.) without the use of warehouse staff and goods.